Behind-the-wall, “invisible” linear drain concept offers a cutting-edge look that perfectly complements the current trend to curbless showers.
DENVER, FEBRUARY 13, 2019 — WallDrain from QuickDrain USA brings truly unique innovation to the modern bathroom shower. This radically different concept in shower drains features an elegant linear design, but with no decorative metal components. Instead, water gracefully exits via the downward slope of the shower pan into a drain channel concealed behind the base of the wall — rendering WallDrain virtually invisible. Nearly any solid surface tile can be installed in the drain’s magnetic vertical cover before it is attached to the shower wall, resulting in a seamless and fully integrated design.
Download individual images as lo-res (web ready; .jpg; RGB) or hi-res (print ready; .tif; CMYK)
But this cutting-edge design does not come at the expense of function or flexibility. WallDrain is a total shower solution:
- Superior function: Unlike most linear drains, WallDrain is engineered to extend the full length of the shower floor, promoting complete water evacuation. It’s a perfect solution for both curbed and curbless showers, easily accommodating universal designs in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Superior flexibility: To ensure a perfectly precise installation from one vertical surface to the next, WallDrain uses either vertical or side waste outlets, and trough extensions and drain covers can both be trimmed on-site after the drain body is positioned.
- Superior adaptability: WallDrain can adapt to almost any existing plumbing condition and can accommodate a poured shower pan or QuickDrain’s own Quickslope PET (polyethylene terephthalate) rigid-foam panels. The latter is an environmentally friendly option, fabricated from recycled, plastic water and soda bottles, that also considerably reduces installation time and labor cost.
The transitional styling of WallDrain lends itself to both traditional and contemporary bath décors. Applications encompass both residential and commercial spaces; e.g., hospitality (hotels, resorts, casinos), athletic and health clubs, custom home master baths, and luxury apartment and condominium baths.
Key Specifications: WallDrain features a 316L marine grade stainless steel drain body. Three standard sizes are available: 48 inches, 72 inches and 96 inches. Onsite adjustability permits shower lengths of 26 to 72 inches with a single drain; 56 to 96 inches with two drains linked together. Each size is available with a standard vertical drain waste outlet, or with a side waste outlet configuration.
WallDrain is ADA-approved, meets all Uniform Plumbing Code and International Plumbing Code standards, and meets or exceeds ASME A112.18.2-2005. List prices start at $1,500.
Complements Curbless Showers: QuickDrain National Showroom Manager, Darryl Jones, notes that the look and function of WallDrain provides an excellent fit with curbless showers, whose popularity continues to grow.
“WallDrain is a perfect addition to increasingly popular curbless shower designs,” says Jones. “The product is easy to work with and quick to install. In addition, the single-direction slope permits the use of larger tiles, which are aesthetically pleasing and reduce grout lines for easier cleaning.”
Purchasing WallDrain involves a three-step ordering process
- Step 1: Measure from finished vertical wall to finished vertical wall for full coverage.
- Step 2: Determine the proper waste outlet configuration and the best drain size (length) for the installer to trim on the job to the shower’s specific dimensions.
- Step 3: Contact a QuickDrain dealer to place the order. www.quickdrainusa.com/where-to-buy
For more information on WallDrain or assistance with drain design, call 866-998-6685, or visit: quickdrainusa.com/products/wall-drain
# # #
100-WORD PRODUCT SUMMARY
The revolutionary linear WallDrain from QuickDrain USA allows for the most seamless and unique curbed or curbless shower design possible—by installing the drain in the wall itself—rendering it virtually invisible. Nearly any solid surface tile can be installed in the drain’s magnetic vertical cover. The integrated drain, combined with a pre-sloped shower pan and waterproofing, represents a total shower solution for eliminating leaks and standing water. The ADA and UPC-approved drain slashes installation time, saves on cost and minimizes impact on customers. Onsite adjustability accommodates shower lengths of 26″- 96″. Prices start at $1,500. www.quickdrainusa.com.
# # #
ABOUT QUICKDRAIN USA AND OATEY
Part of the Oatey family of brands, QuickDrain USA is a premier manufacturer of curbless and curbed shower solutions for showers and wet areas. Since 1916, Oatey has provided reliable, high-quality products for the residential and commercial plumbing industries. Today, Oatey operates a comprehensive manufacturing and distribution network to supply more than 6,000 products for professional builders, contractors, engineers and do-it-yourself consumers around the world. The company has successfully met customer needs for more than a century by offering innovative plumbing solutions that deliver results the first time. All Oatey products and brands are backed with the highest-quality technical and customer support programs in the industry.
Based in Cleveland, Ohio, Oatey has locations in the United States, Canada, Mexico and China. For more information, visit Oatey.com, call (800) 321-9532 or follow Oatey on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Instagram.
The revolutionary linear WallDrain from QuickDrain USA allows for the most seamless and unique curbed or curbless shower design possible—by installing the drain in the wall itself—rendering it virtually invisible.
Download Lo-Res Image
Download Hi-Res Image
Image Size: 6″ wide x 4″ high
(Lo-Res: 432 × 288;
Hi-Res: 1800 x 1200 pixels)
Back to Top